We currently have two paid positions available to take place over the summer: current undergraduates are welcome to apply to the projects below (full details can be found by clicking on the project title).
The deadline to apply is 30 April 2019.
Lead supervisor: Dr Ian Vaughan
Lead supervisor email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Placement details: Start date, work days and duration of placement can be negotiated with the supervisor to suit you both, but a start date of 1 July at 20 hours per week for 10 weeks is preferred (though the start date can be different to this and/or the project could last 8 weeks at 25 hours for the right candidate). Payment is at £10.48 (including holiday pay) per hour.
Lead supervisor: Dr Rachel Paterson
Lead supervisor email: email@example.com
Placement details: Start date, work days and duration of placement can be negotiated with the supervisor to suit you both, but a start date of 17 June for 10 weeks at 20 hours is preferred (though could be a slightly later date and/or 8 weeks at 25 hours for the right candidate). Payment is at £10.48 (including holiday pay) per hour.
Students need to be:
- studying for an undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline outside of NERC’s scientific remit (e.g. mathematics, statistics, computing, engineering, physics)
- applying for a placement in a different department to their undergraduate studies
- undertaking their first undergraduate degree studies (or integrated Masters)
- expected to obtain a first or upper second class UK honours
- eligible for subsequent NERC PhD funding (i.e. UK, EU or right to remain in the UK)
- registered with Cardiff University’s JobShop (proof of registration will be required) if they are Cardiff based students, whilst students at other GW4 universities should contact the CDT for more information on their own institutions’ processes.
How to apply
Students should send their application directly to their chosen project supervisor (email address above) by submitting:
- this Application Form (please send copy to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- a CV (no more than 2 pages)
- a brief covering letter (1 page).
Shortlisted students will be required to have an interview with the project supervisor.
Responsibilities of students
If you’re selected to take part in the Programme, you agree to:
- commit to the complete term of the project, whether full time or part time
- engage fully with the research project and maintain contact with supervisor
- produce a short account of your overall development and experience of the REP
- complete a survey on your experience on the programme.